- Founder, 2003
Alan Scott Pickel founded The Pickel Law Firm, LLC in 2003, and he serves clients in New York as well as throughout Connecticut. Practicing law since 1990, Alan has devoted his legal career to helping people with challenging family law and personal injury cases. He is not afraid to take on big corporations and insurance companies and will always protect your rights.
His sheer determination and vast experience in litigating cases have allowed him to win six- and seven-figure settlements in personal injury, medical malpractice, and nursing home negligence cases. He will also work with your insurance company.
Due to his vast experience in family law, as well as his professionalism in the courtroom, Alan is regularly chosen to be a Special Master by judges in the Middletown Regional Custody Docket in the Stamford/Norwalk jurisdiction, as well as, Fairfield and Bridgeport. In this role, Alan is able to guide couples toward a resolution in high-conflict family law cases involving child custody, child support, alimony, and asset allocation. He is determined to reach a successful outcome whether he is acting as Special Master or your attorney. He will always put your family first and help you through this difficult time.
The Connecticut courts have also regularly appointed Alan as an Attorney Trial Referee, Arbitrator, or Fact Finder. Alan can rule on disputes for the courts as well as issue legally binding orders in these positions.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury and Divorce
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Workers Compensation
- Connecticut, 1990
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1991
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Andrews Scholar
- Syracuse University
- B.S. - 1987
- McGinty v. McGinty, 66 Conn.App. 35, 783 A.2d 1170, 2001, 2001819059
- Tevolini v. Tevolini, 66 Conn.App. 16, 783 A2d 1157, 2001, 2001819055
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Stamford Bar Association, Member
- Norwalk Bar Association, Member
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Executive Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Justinian Society, Member
- State of Connecticut Superior Court, Special Master, 1997 to Present
- State of Connecticut, Attorney Trial Referee, 2000 to Present
- State of Connecticut, Fact Finder/Arbitrator, 2000 to Present
Connecticut personal injury and family law attorneys.